The programme in Script Writing, will equip students to be able to write for films, ads on various media be it television, radio and online. As part of the programme, students will be able to understand & appreciate storytelling as a critical form of communication, and the basis of scriptwriting. Research and an understanding of the various media with respect to the target audience will remain an important deliverable. The programme will be extremely hands-on with plenty of workshops.
Upon completion students may choose to write for Films, Ads or television be it on for any medium such as Radio, TV or online. The programme therefore will open numerous career opportunities.
- Identify/select research & understand the key elements of a concept including: Premise, setting theme, genre & other story related issues
- Outline the key elements of the concept w.r.t Taglines, Loglines, Pitches etc.
- The norms and practices of concepts and concept development followed by different production houses
- Acquire & build core skills for concept development w.r.t language, grammar, spelling etc.
- Computer skills required such as word processing, software for formatting like final draft, movie magic and celtx.
- Understand basics of content writing
- Understand basics of creative writing
- Ensure health & safety at workplace
All programmes at DSC aim to integrate theoretical knowledge with practical work exposure. Students studying the Scriptwriting programme will be placed at prestigious Media houses for an internship stint to help apply theory learnt to practice. Students maybe placed in the writing department of leading newspapers, online, radio channels and television channels.
Several Internship Opportunities may convert to placement offers. All assistance regarding placements will be provided.
Anybody who has completed his Higher Secondary and above is eligible to apply for the programme.
The Application form for the course maybe filled here:
- The application form is free of charge
- Upon registration the student will be invited for a Personality Interview and upon clearing the same, the student will be invited to join the programme.
Upon completion, a student will be assessed for a certification from MESC, namely Certification on Script Writer. This apart student will also receive a certification from The Delhi School of Communication.
For the fee and other details, kindly contact the undersigned.